Well we are back up & running for 2015. At the Opening Day last week & the Strifflechase today it has been heart-warning to see so many new faces. Welcome to Napier Harriers & welcome to our world. It’s a lot of fun & you get out of it what you put in. We have some great events looming with the Marrett Madness next week…….hopefully the river will be low enough to allow us to get out feet wet. The following week we have the Mission Cross Country, which will get the heart rate up.
Today we had the Strifflechase, which is always scientifically prepared so that we all cross the finish line at the same time – sort of. It was tough going in the spongy grass & hot conditions………..and most of knew that the season had really started by the time we finished!!!!!!!! It was good to get the season well & truly underway though. The down-side was the low life/s that pilfered the ½ dozen flags from the top end of the course – crumbs, they had only been out there an hour earlier!!!
Thanks to all the helpers for the day & the rest of us for giving great support – especially to our Cubs who appreciate the big cheer as the finishing line appears.
Until next time……….
- Team 3 – Sophie Bassick, Nneka Okonta, David Kay, Lucas Duross – 35 min 15 sec.
- Team 6 – Robin Moore. Emily Dunne, Haydn Snell, Jeremy Moore – 36 min 36 sec.
- Team 4 – Harrier Lloyd-Jones, Ayden Jones, Max Taylor, Jake Jones – 37 min 18sec.
Fastest Times – Leg 1 – Robin Moore 9 min 26 sec. Leg 2 – Ayden Jones – 9 min 10 sec. Leg 3 – Vince Labat – 8 min 26 sec. Leg 4 – Lucas Duross – 6 min 45 sec.
U12 – 2km.
- Matthew Marshall – 9 min 32 sec.
- Iliye Sorkin – 9 min 47 sec.
- Noah Green – 9 min 53 sec.
Cubs – 500m.
- Kieron Moore – 2 min 32 sec.
- Sam Masters – 2 min 34 sec.
- Payton Smidt-Robinson 3 min 03 sec.