NHC & HBG Road Champs
NHC & HBG Road Champs
Napier Harrier Club
& Athletics Hawke's Bay Gisborne
Road Race Championships
Registration and Finish area is on the beach reserve approximately opposite 25 Fergusson Ave, Napier
Registration from 1:30. Please ensure you register at least 30 minutes before your event start.
|2:00pm||1.0km||Cubs (non championship)||1km to 'Finish'|
|2.4km||Boys and Girls 12yrs and under||2005 or later||
|1 full lap|
|2:05pm||3.0km||Boys and Girls 14yrs and under||2003/2004||
|1 lap + 564m|
|2:20pm||5.0km||Boys and Girls 16yrs and under||2001/2002||
|2 laps + 128m|
|Women 19yrs and under||1998/99/2000||
|Masters Women||35ys +||
|3:00pm||8.0km||Men 19yrs and under||1998/99/2000||
|3 laps +|
|10km||Senior Women||1997 or before||
|4 laps + 256m|
|Senior Men||1997 or before||
|Masters Men||35yrs +||
Athletes in the '19 and under', 'Senior' or 'Masters' age grades may opt to race 'out of grade' in the 5km, 8km or 10km.
Athletes in the 14/16 age grades may race in the 2.4km. (Athletes in the 12 age grade must race either the 2.4km or the 1km).
Athletes racing out of their listed race are ineligible for any Championship
- Any additional information or amendments will be posted on the Napier Harrier Club’s website - www.napierharriers.co.nz, and on the club’s facebook page - facebook.com/NapierHarriers/
- The course is based at the Westshore Beach Reserve, off Ferguson Ave, Westshore, Napier.
- The control area and the finish line are on the beach reserve alongside the Westshore Surf Lifesaving Club and approx.opposite 25 Fergusson Ave.
- The course is 2.436km per lap and is entirely on sealed surfaces.
- All races finish at the same point, therefore the start points differ, but are all with easy walking distance of the control area.
- Where multiple races have the same start time, the starter will be positioned so as to be easily visible and audible to all contestants. Some races may also have an assistant starter assigned to the start line.
- Only athletes who have paid the full registration to Athletics Hawke’s Bay Gisborne are eligible for Provincial Titles.
- Only members of an Athletics New Zealand affiliated club may enter.
- All Athletes will be required to collect registration numbers on the day.
- Clubs will be billed for all athletes who collect registration numbers on the day.
- Prizegiving and afternoon tea will be held at the Napier Harrier Club’s rooms, Symons Lane, Taradale as soon as possible after the final event.
- Hot showers and changing facilities will be available at the NHC rooms after the final event.
Hosts: Barron, Iaveta, Redman & Committee